Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

WTD?..What the Daikon Radish that is...

SO honestly at first I could not even pronounce this little guy, but thanks to my friend ad co-worker Emily and a quick lesson I say it in my sleep and dream of ways to make it AMAZING..
I am going to show you 2 recipes, are you ready ?
OK lets start with MASHED DAIKON faux Potatoes. Yes you just read that right.
I started with 12 oz of RAW daikon and I boiled in sea salt for about 20 WITH THE LID ON or until you can pierce it with a fork.
 
 
 Then I strained all the water, well as much as possible . They pretty much are a water vessel.
 Then you ADD your yummies.. I wanted Garlic rosemary . *I was advised that Morton sea salt has a caking agent, so yeah I don't use it anymore and use Mccormicks..* Also be sure to read labels, I usually use fresh , but was out of garlic . But this brand works good and is just garlic..
 Then you BEAT those bad boys .. Beat them REAL GOOD ..hahahaha
 **NOT PICTURED** But after you mix them , place them in a cheesecloth or heavy duty paper towel and drain all the extra water that you will get ..Then place them back on the scale and  divided by my 3 servings so 7.7 divided by 3 is...
                   2.6 ounces actually .. BE sure to heat these back up in a pan , only good nice and warm.. so what did I eat with these GARLIC MASHED DAIKON .. well a complete southern dinner was in order of course ...
 FRIED(not really fried ) CHICKEN and APPLE PIE !! well crust-less apple pie actually ..
 and what do Y'ALL think I did with my 3rd serving ?.. Placed next to my 1oz meatballs for lunch the next day .. COMFORT HEALTHY FOOD AT ITS FINEST .... delish ..
 OK OK so we had MASHED POTATOES , BUT WHAT ABOUT FRENCH FRIES ?.. Well I got you covered .... well almost ..
BUT FIRST a huge shout out to this PAN .. I freakin love it .. cooking without oil,butter or grease ?.. NO WAY ?.. but YES friends ... YES WAY ... and I love it and now own 3 !!
 SO lets start with my ingredients for steak fries .. the glass jar contains paparika
 SO I first tried to bake them, they taste good , but not so much crispy , they would seem to burn before they would dry out and crisp up .. Don't get me wrong I ate the shiz out of them and they were good.. But I MICHELLE was NOT satiFRIED until they were crisp... So I continued ..
 That sexy OrGREENics pan I mentioned earlier ... DID THIS ,,, they actually started to crisp up and brown ,,
 and I added my pre cooked Fried chicken breast from the night before to heat up and crisp, for my Spicy Ranch crispy chicken sandwich ..Man I was getting excited for my fries.. LOW AND SLOW BABY .. LOW AND SLOW .. ok maybe medium low .. but yes.. I'm learning patience ?.. Imagine that? They were better than baked , a tad crispier , but not yet perfect ... until we meet again Daikon ..
 So I then prepped my toppings.. All together I only used 4 oz of veggies that's including my fries , toppings and homemade BBQ sauce.. 2oz of daikon , .5 of tomato and cucumber(thinly sliced) lettuce and onion weighed together to 1 oz and .5 of my BBQ sauce .. I added the dill weed to my cucumbers to give it a fresh ranch flavor , topped with sea salt.. they were yumm
              placed my crispy chicken strips on my romaine , add my BFF Franks red Hot sauce
                                                         my tomato and cucumber dill
                                                           Red Onion and BBQ sauce
 Added my 4 oz of fruit and I made like Emrald and BAAAM dinner was DONE SON !!..
Hope you enjoyed and I will be adding more daikon recipes soon ... we have not settled this yet

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo!!! Going to the new Chinese grocery store. In my town to get my DAIKON on...thank you my P2 Princess<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe shucks :) ..

      You go get EM lady !! And let me know what you think !! Thank you for following :)

      Delete