Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hello Friends

Ok well here  goes nothing.
 I am totally new to this so please bare with me. This is going to be a blog
that is just about me, my thoughts, my struggles, my triumphs, its going to be ME. My 100% REAL  story behind being obese and what I am doing to change it forever. This blog will be evolving right along with me and my journey.

Lets start by introducing myself. My name is Michelle, I am currently 29 , single mother and a cake artist. Ive been over weight for pretty much my entire life. Even though I grew up on a ranch , ate great homemade food and rode my horse pretty much every day, and if I wasn't on my mare I was out exploring and finding fox dens and actually TOUCHING them.( I still cant believe that I did  that).

I had my child young(18) and had a failed marriage, all before 25! I was an addict and not so great at making  choices and  that landed me in jail a few times.

Lets fast forward to a few years ago. My son saved me yet again. He wanted to go to church , so we went, and were baptized together on 01.01.11. I attended a Relief society activity and the lady taught a fondant cake decorating class and I was in love, which ultimately lead me to Oregon Culinary Institute an I graduated a pastry Chef.
 As I sit here typing this up , I realized that I have accomplished many things, Ive grown as a person and as a mother. But as a approach my 30th birthday, I realize .. I have one more battle to fight and this one will be the fight of my life. The fight to save my life, to enjoy my life, before its to late.

Sooooo the purpose of his blog is to share my BATTLE , my journey , share how I am making changes in my diet, and in my mind. To share recipes of amazing food that is still healthy, but delicious. I am still thinking of ways to interact with YOU and together we can win the battle.
Learn to embrace what is going inside ourselves and not turn to food. Learn to truly love ourselves , so that it is easier to make better choices. And in the end to hopefully gain knowledge , inspiration or just a laugh..

A guideline and some ideas I have are as follows(more to come)
healthy recipes
tips and tricks that I have learned to over come things regarding food.
videos in the kitchen
left over ideas
preparedness tricks
and interaction with you , my soldiers , sending you recipes and you reviewing them or changing them up and sharing with us.

Well this is about all, I am going back to research and hopefully posting a video and some recipes soon . Hope to get to know you all soon , and no matter what your battle we can fight it together.


5 comments:

  1. You are amazing! I cannot wait to see how this journey works for you. So enjoyed your nnlog and the cookie recipe on your Facebook page. Is this your first round?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU BECKY! Yes it is !! I am super excited !!

      Delete
  2. Learning to love yourself... That is where I am today. Trying to save my marriage (my insecurities about myself are becoming a problem)... So loving myself is key to loving others and becoming a better person! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it happens day by day .. Today I'm still learning this .. Hope everything turns out for the better for you :) ..

      Delete